96. Interstate Travel

PDF / PUZ

Hello hello! The grad party circuit has begun, and that's taking me away from my Cubs games! I'll manage. Also, Ginger Cat is doing great, thanks for asking! (She's sleeping on her tower as I write this - what a life).

---

1. Puzzle #95 answer: SEINFELD

Correct entries: 45


Shortest explanation: Ideally, dinner is edible! There are nine entries where either the entry, the clue, or both reference some actual food product. The initial letters of these entries spells MONK'S CAFE, the name of the local coffee shop in SEINFELD, the answer to this meta, which reached #1 in the Nielsen ratings in 1995 (numeric tie-in!).

This was intended to be pretty straightforward, but it definitely was a mixed bag. While I did pepper the entries with a bunch of Seinfeld references (similar to the Get Smart one a while back), just focusing on the food itself was the intended mechanism. Thus, this is not a true Week 1/2, so I still owe you one this month (or maybe two next month!).

---

2. This one will likely come as a Level 3, I'd say, and your mileage might drift a bit below or above.

Mikey G

The answer to the meta is the current name of a U.S. location.

 

Comments