24. Comedy Central (Meta 9)

PDF / PUZ




This is turning into a meta-fest pretty quickly, haha - but since there's becoming a greater overlap between this blog and the Muggles forum, I don't think you guys will mind!


Here's a bonus meta before I go TEACH again, which was our meta answer for the past puzzle! (Note we're still on track to have one at the end of August also!)

 

1. August #1 recap

June answer: TEACH

Correct entries: 13

Winner: hoover - congrats!!


We literally went back to school on this one, as each longer entry had five schools scattered throughout the entries, written backward.

DRAWFORTH = HOWARD
CITYBLOCK = COLBY
INAROUNDABOUTWAY = AUBURN
NOVELIDEA = ELON
HELPMEOUT = TEMPLE

The first letters of the theme entries are HCAET, which - of course - spelled backward is TEACH, which is what I will once again do beginning this upcoming week!

Hoover, the winner, mused on why I included those five schools. The short answer: They were the only ones that worked, hahaha. I went through about thirty short colleges or so and brainstormed; I was going to do STUDY, but "U" was one of the letters that had virtually no schools that I could see.


2. Today's puzzle has a Level of 1 of 5 and is really just an excuse to show off my "humor."

Good luck!!

Mikey G


Four members of a five-member group are alluded to in this puzzle.
The missing member is the answer to this meta.


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for the support on my muggling journey!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply because it was a spoiler - but I totally agree with the sentiment, bahaha.

      Delete

Post a Comment