13. On and On

Hello, crossworld!

1. We start off with the most important business: my best friend Ginger Cat has a birthday today, turning 2 years old!


Best cat ever! (There are no salmon birthday cakes, I checked.)

2. Next, we had drawings over the weekend for the December and January metas that I am completely behind on (oops).

December goes to Wendy (who wonders if she can still call herself an amateur if she won!) and January's two winners are C=64 and ky-mike. Nicely done! The Meta Hall of Fame is updated!

Here is January's grid, which had 23/23 correct answers (previously revealed as GARNET).

I'd like to thank the Academy (and Microsoft Paint).

3. There are henceforth two winners for each meta. For the first drawing, each individual has a 1/n chance of being chosen (n = total). For the second drawing, your chance increases the earlier you submit. If you are the pth individual who submits (p = position), your chance of being chosen is:

Isn't math wonderful?
 
4. February's deadline is pretty much now, haha. I'll give updates on the next post!
 
5. Finally, I actually have a puzzle today as well! The indomitable, incredibly helpful Brooke Husic gave amazing feedback on it, which I implemented, and I am honored.

Happy solving! (Not the Ginger Cat below - but I'm told my math lectures get some of my students feeling the same way!!)

Mikey G



Comments

  1. Where is the explanation for the meta? Putting "garnet" on a side column means nothing to me. Help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment