191. Workin' 9 to 5

PDF / PUZ

Hello hello! My beloved Broncos are starting this weekend, so I have to balance that with my beloved Cubbies! Tough start to September, so let's see if we can get back on track in the final games of the season!

---

Puzzle #190 answer: TIME

Correct entries: 55


Shortest explanation: Solid Level 3/3.5. Each of the six themers has at least two pairs of multiple letters (so the NUMBER TWO allusion to the pencil); erase these to get six new entries (NURSE, ASK, CLUE, JO, CHILE, CAROL) - and you know what to do! The alternates are also in order, all acrosses as well: TASTE, ICH, NUDGE, MEG, ECUADOR, NOEL. We have...TIN MEN? Not too apropos! Follow the deletion mechanism one more time to get TIME, a fitting end to this last "proctored meta exam" of the summer!

---

Honoring the late, great Dolly Parton with this one - I think, like the last one, it'll be a relatively solid Level 2.5/3.

Good luck, and may all your solves be beautiful!

Mikey G

The answer to the meta is what I hope you do to this puzzle.

 

Comments