187. Easy as ABC
Hello hello! Cubs had an incredible series at home. Yeah, we only took 1 of 3 from the Yankees - but then have since swept the Dodgers, had an incredible Blue Jays come-from-behind win, and are taking care of business on the road. (Too bad the Brewers are always perfect, haha.)
---
Puzzle #186 answer: EMMA
Correct entries: 70
Shortest explanation: Unfortunately, I underestimated this one. There were nine surnames in the grid, of people both real and fictional: PEEL, WATSON, WOODHOUSE, SLATER, THOMPSON, BARON, LAZARUS, ROBERTS, and STONE.
I was hoping a few of these would nudge in the direction to EMMA, but I think too many were rather obscure. However, at least one got it immediately upon seeing WOODHOUSE in the grid, so I'll take it!
---
This has to be a Level 1. Please lol
Good luck, and may all your solves be beautiful!
Mikey G
The answer to the meta is the Shakespearean play
that would have made a good sixth theme entry.

Comments
Post a Comment