186. First Things First

PDF / PUZ

Hello hello! Cubs had a rocking homestand this week, going 5-2 against the Pirates and Cardinals, including an epic bat flip by Pete Crow-Armstrong (even though it was one of the two games we lost!)

Meta posting a day early to avoid MGWCC conflict.

---

A quick personal note before the puzzle.

Several months ago, I actually had to say goodbye to Ginger Cat.

You may have noticed slightly fewer references to her in my puzzles. She had some health issues, and it was time for me to say goodbye. It was hard, but I remember her fondly as the best cat ever and think of her every day.

I made sure to pay my respects and honor her memory and was at the point to welcome a new cat into my life a couple of months ago. She came from a more difficult back story and, understandably, is still pretty reticent around me (except when it's treat time, haha). She is cautiously curious but already savors her salmon, her playtime, and her zoomies. I am excited to get to know her more in the coming months and years! (And, yes, that's her in the banner!)

This meta will be your introduction to her! An unequivocally Level 1.

Good luck, and may all your solves be beautiful!

Mikey G

The answer to the meta is my new cat's first name.

 

Comments