106. Up in the Air

PDF / PUZ


Hello hello! School is back in session, and I'm still solving puzzles. That's about it!

---

1. Puzzle #105 answer: KOOL-105

Correct entries: 73 (I didn't even realize it got above 70 - a Level 1 indeed!)


Shortest explanation: Each of the four spanners clues to a letter of the alphabet, as seen in the graphic. These are the call letters of KXKL, and a quick Google search confirms this is the Denver radio station whose nickname is KOOL-105, a numeric tie-in and the answer to the meta.

This was my childhood radio station! It was '60s and '70s then, so it's wild that it's into the '80s and '90s now as a classic hits station. Could classic hits be from the time I was actually alive? I guess so!

---

2. This is a solid Level 2.5/3. That's all I have to say, haha.

Good luck, and may all your solves be beautiful!

Mikey G

The answer to the meta is a 7-letter word.

 

Comments