89. That's Not Right!

PDF / PUZ

Hello hello! My bracket is already busted, so I might as well actually be constructive this weekend. Puzzles count!

---

1. Puzzle #88 answer: FORTE

Correct entries: 61 - solid Level 2/2.5!


Shortest explanation: Aided by the alpha and omega entries, the musical scale appears from top to bottom in the grid (and those are the only instances of those in the puzzle). Per the title, we look at the letters on those notes, which spells LOWERCASE "F" IN MUSIC (parsed by many as "LOWERCASE FIN MUSIC," which made me smile, haha), which is FORTE, the meta answer - and what I hope crosswords are for you! (Note the original name of the piano was also the pianoforte, which I learned while making this puzzle!)

---

2. This is the penultimate puzzle in the Winter Solvestice! Looking forward to college basketball on my break, as well as being (a little) constructive and catching up on some past metas!

It might be a bit overcompensating to put this at a Level 4, and your mileage may vary. Go forth and crack the conundrum in any case!

Mikey G

The answer to the meta is a 5-letter word.

 

Comments