72. Of Course!

PDF / PUZ


Hello hello! On fall break now, despite it being blustery in the region. Have a lot to do even after posting this puzzle, so let me post and continue tackling (some of) my adult responsibilities.

---

1. Puzzle #71 answer: JIMMY BUFFETT

Correct entries: 56


Shortest explanation: Each of the four restaurant themers contain the double letters MM, FF, and TT; these, always in this order, along with the "anchor" entries of MARG + HUH + RITA ("margarita") suggest the meta answer of JIMMY BUFFETT.

---

2. This entire meta, from incipiency to grid to clues, took about 4.5 to 5 hours, all in a less than within a 16-hour period that included some semblance of sleep. I'll explain later, haha.

This might be as low as a Level 2 or 2.5 for some and might crank up to close to a Level 4, I presume. I'll put it, perhaps a trickle high, at Level 3.5.

Good luck, and may all your solves be beautiful!

Mikey G

The answer to the meta is an 18-letter phrase.

Comments